Monday, 19 June 1995
Read each question carefully. Answer all questions.
2 hours. Begin immediately.
- Describe the history of the Papacy from its origins to the
present day, concentrating especially, but not exclusively, on
its social, political, economic, religious and philosophical
impact on Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Be brief, concise
- You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze,
and a bottle of scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not suture
until you work has been inspected. You have fifteen minutes.
- Public Speaking
- 2500 riot-crazed aborigines are storming the classroom. Calm
them. You may use any ancient language except Latin or Greek.
- Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human
culture if this form of life had developed 500 million years
earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on the
English Parliamentary System. Prove your thesis.
- Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with flute
and drum. You will find a piano under your seat.
- Based on your knowledge of their works, evaluate the emotional
stability, degree of adjustment, and repressed frustrations of
each of the following:
Support your evaluation with quotations from each
man's work, making appropriate references. It is not necessary
- Alexander of Aphrodisis
- Rameses II
- Estimate the sociological problems which might accompany the
end of the world. Construct an experiment to test your theory.
- The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have been placed
on your desk. You will also find an instruction manual, printed
in Swahili. In 10 minutes, a hungry bengal tiger will be
admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel
necessary. Be prepared to justify your decision.
- Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national
debt. Trace the possible effects of your plan in the following
Outline a method for preventing these effects. Criticize
this method from all possible points of view. Point out the
deficiencies in your point of view, as demonstrated in your
answer to the last question.
- the Donatist Controversy
- the Wave Theory of Light
- Political Science
- There is a red telephone on the desk beside you. Start World
War III. Report at length on its socio-political effects if any.
- Take a position for or against truth. Prove the validity of
- Explain the nature of matter. Include in your answer an
evaluation of the impact of the development of mathematics on
- Sketch the development of human thought. Estimate its
significance. Compare with the development of any other kind of
- General Knowledge
- Describe in detail. Be objective and specific.
When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second.